Thursday, May 12, 2016





Then the One seated on the throne said, "Look! I am making everything new." Revelation 21:5

What a refreshing verse. In the midst of change it is so great to hear that He is making all things new. 

I'm currently reading a book called The End of Me by Kyle Idleman. Not an easy read. Sure, the font is large and the pages aren't big, but the content is convicting. It's about giving up me so that I can truly live the life Jesus wants me to live. If you've read any of my past blog posts, you know that I am a self-proclaimed selfish person. Who isn't? But what I am striving for is total surrender and obedience, to forget me for a while and focus on what's really important. 

My favorite part about this striving thing is that even though I take three steps forward and five steps back, I am seeing progress. I am noticing that I care a little more about the important things and a little less about the selfish things. I am slowly being made new. I guess you could say that's the silver-lining to an otherwise painful process. Stripping away self-centeredness is not pretty. Looking back on the first legs of this journey is rewarding, though, because I can see the "new" shining through. 




No comments:

Post a Comment